Hello everyone, I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 10. After that when I tried to open my Outlook, it was reflecting an error message saying “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window” I tried multiple times to open my profile but of no use. I need to access some emails urgently. Is there any way to fix this error? Please respond me soon.
This kind of situation arises when your PST file is corrupt or if there is any issues with the application. You can fix them attentively by uninstalling and installing it again. If it can’t help, then you can’t easily fix it without using appropriate method.
If you are the one looking for trusted way, then don’t worry as this page is offering simple methods to fix the issue. Read on to see how it is possible?
You can use Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair Tool), which is by default available in Microsoft Outlook application. It will fix your Outlook profile issues with ease. Follow below steps to use it:
- Run Scanpst.exe file
- Browse the corrupt PST file
- Click on ‘Start’ button
- If any errors found, then click on ‘Repair’ button to fix it
- After finishing click on ‘OK’
There is a chance to fix this issue by using Run command. Let’s see the process:
- Open ‘Run’ command window
- Type ‘Outlook.exe /resetnavpane’
- Press ‘Enter’
This command will fix the error and automatically launch Outlook profile.
By using Yodot Outlook PST Repair, you can fix Outlook error cannot open the Outlook window. It is a powerful program which can easily fix various error messages. Even if the Outlook application is getting closed, the tool has the ability to fix it. This software first repairs and then restores all the Outlook attributes such as emails, calendar items, notes, schedules, tasks, journals, etc. It supports fixing all versions of Outlook PST like 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. It works on safest read only methodology. This application facilitates Outlook finder styled view to view the repaired PST file contents. Even if the PST file is oversized, you can easily fix it. This program requires Windows operating system to execute.
Steps to use the program:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility on Windows system
- After installation, the tool automatically launches on desktop
- You will find three options on it called ‘Open PST File, ‘Find PST File’ and ‘Select Outlook Profile’
- Select first tab if you know exact location of the file
- Go with second tab in case you don’t know the corrupt PST file location
- Third option is used when you have multiple Outlook profiles
- After selecting appropriate option, choose type of scan base on severity of corruption i.e., from ‘Smart Scan’ and ‘Advanced Scan’
- Let the software repair the file and the contents
- Once it is done, you will get a notification message ‘Your Outlook PST has been successfully repaired’