Let us say, you have multiple PST files with older Outlook editions and now there is a need to import PST data into single PST file that can be used with newer Outlook versions. If you are looking for that then here is a solution…
Steps to merge PST files manually
To merge multiple Outlook PST file form a larger file that can be used with the latest Outlook version and follow the steps as below:
Step 1: Create a new blank PST, for this:
- In Outlook window, click on New Items > More Items > Outlook Data File
- Then select a location to save the new blank PST and name it
- Next click on OK
Step 2: To merge all existing PST into the newly created blank PST, follow the below steps:
- In the Outlook window, click on File > Open > Import
- This opens the Import-Export Wizard there you need to select Import from another program or file
- Then hit on Next
- Select file type Outlook Data File to import from
- Now click on Next
- Hit on Browse to locate the file to be imported
- Then check the Do not import duplicates box
- Click on Next
- Later, select which folder you want to import
- Next, check the Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder in boxes
- Finally hit on Finish
By following these steps, PST file will be imported to the folder you specified in step 8. Repeat the steps to import other PST file. Once you import all the PST files, their data can be combined into a single PST and the resultant larger PST can then be exported to any location and you can access the mailbox data.
However, while merging PST files, you may come across loss of Outlook data. So, having backup helps you in such situation. Hence, before merging, it is necessary to take backup Outlook data. Thinking, how to backup Outlook data then here is a simple way. Yes! Download, install and launch Yodot Backup Outlook PST tool which assists in taking back up of entire Outlook profile in one click.
Know more about Yodot Backup Outlook PST tool
Yodot Backup Outlook PST tool provides customized backup options:
- Smart Backup option- This lets you to backup entire Outlook attributes like emails, Outlook settings, journals, contacts and everything else from Outlook profile.
- Advanced Backup option- Here you can select and backup only the required attributes.
Allows you to backup from various Outlook versions such as Office 365, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 installed on various Windows versions including Windows 10. Also, you can compress backup copy or split according to the available storage space.