DAT file is a file format used on all computer systems to hold data like index value, table data, video data, key data, which are required for numerous tasks. DAT files are represented by file extension .dat in computers. These .dat files can contain very useful information and hence, loss / deletion of such files become a headache.
Most common way of losing .dat files from Windows computer are:
- Formatting hard drive without backing up necessary .dat files from it will lead to complete deletion of such files
- Unintended deletion of .dat files while removing other files from system drive
- Severe malware attack to system hard drive can sometimes lead to automatic deletion of certain files like .dat without user notice
- Using unreliable anti-virus tool to remove threats from system drive may erase .dat files along with infected files
- Installing inappropriate programs on system to undertake tasks like defragmentation, resizing any partition, etc. can cause missing of .dat files
In these situations, user might incur great loss of valuable information from DAT files. However, above mentioned scenarios can never cause permanent removal of DAT files. This is because, when files are deleted or lost from system hard drive, its index value and file entries is removed from registry but not entire file. It still resides in the same memory location until and unless new files are saved to that memory. Thus, if user makes use of efficient DAT file recovery tool soon after encountering file loss then it is possible to get back lost .dat files.
One of the best software to get back .dat files on Windows system is Yodot File Recovery tool. This amazing tool can retrieve deleted as well as missing DAT files on Windows computers drives just in simple mouse clicks. Its read-only recovery modules ensures safe and secure recovery of .dat files and other file formats like DOC, XLSX, PDF, PPT, PNG, DLL, ZIP, RAR, etc. Using this tool you can even preview recovered files before purchasing the software itself by using demo version. Press here to download the trial version and to inspect software efficiency. This software can be utilized on Windows computers with Windows 7, XP, 8, Vista, Server 2008 and 2003 OS versions.
Working process of DAT file recovery software:
After downloading the software on to your Windows system, install and run it. In main screen click on Deleted File Recovery – if .dat files were erased else, click on Lost File Recovery. Next, mention the partition in which deleted DAT file was saved previously. Software performs a scan on selected partition and rescued all lost / erased files. Preview selected DAT file using Preview option. If satisfied with the recovery results, purchase the product key to save restored .dat files.