Mac is the most popular operating system nowadays; its popularity is because of its unique features like high security and reliability. Mac OS is further divided into two categories such as Mac OS Classic family and Mac OS X operating system. Mac OS X allows your system to maintain many background processes without slowing down your user applications. The different types of file system used by Mac are HFS, HFS+ and HFSX. Due to its advanced features many users prefer upgrading their Mac OS to Mac OS X Lion. But like any other Mac machines data loss happens in Mac Lion also. In such situation you have to use some third party recovery tool to recover data from your Mac Lion system.
Some of the situation that leads to data loss from Mac Lion are as follows:
- Accidental deletion of important files or emptying Trash leads to data loss
- Data loss also occurs, if power failure happens while working on your system
- Sometimes accidental formatting of storage devices such as hard disk, external storage devices or your memory card results in loss of data
- The Volume header stores information related to sector address, Mac Volume, such as Volume size, file system type and lots more, In case the Volume header gets corrupted, then entire Volume becomes inaccessible and the files on that Volumes are lost
Here are few tips that would help you to prevent data loss from your Mac OS X Lion
- Always maintain proper data backup before formatting any Mac Volume. You can easily restore it if you are in need
- While deleting any file having size larger than its Trash size, try to delete it in parts so that after deletion you would find it in the Trash
- If you have already lost important data from Mac Lion then stop using that particular storage device and use some recovery tool in order to get in back
Yodot Mac Data Recovery is a software that can assists you to recover data from Mac Lion. It recover lost photos, video, documents, and archive files from any Mac-based hard drive or external hard drive, iPod, USB drive, SD card, digital camera, mobile phone, and MP3/MP4 player, due to accidental deleting, formatting, virus infection, improper operation, unexpected power surge, and other unknown reasons. With the free trial, you can preview all your recovered photos, videos, music, documents etc prior purchasing this Mac Data Recovery. So without making any delay you should download the software. But in case the entire hard drive is formatted or the OS is corrupt or if you are not able to boot the system due to some problem, then you need not download the software to the same Macintosh. Download the software to some other Mac machine and connect the affected hard drive to that new Mac system.
Follow all the steps to that are mentioned below:
First of all download Yodot Mac Data recovery application to your computer system and install it. Click here. Run the software and follow the instructions that you can see on the main screen. You will find the two options on the main screen, i.e. “Volumes Recovery” and “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery”. Select the option, according to the situation. Once you select the option, the software displays all the drives that are present in your Macintosh. Now, choose the hard disk from where you lost the data and thus the software displays all the volumes present on that disk. The next window displays two scanning techniques. “Normal Scan” for simple data loss situations and “Smart Scan” for more complex data loss scenarios. After that you to choose the file type to be recovered or just click on the option “Mark All” option for complete recovery. Once the recovery process ends, it will show all the files that are recovered. For easy selection you may use the two different view types or the “Show Deleted” option. Preview the files before saving them to confirm that you have selected the right one to recover. Finally save the recovered files in the location that you prefer. But make sure that you save it in different location from where you are recovering to prevent overwriting.