Seagate Backup Plus is a very good portable storage device; this device is fast, reliable, versatile and very easy to use. The best feature of this device is that it automatically keeps a backup of all your important digital data. So even if something goes wrong from your internal hard drive, you don’t have to worry about the data. However even in these powerful devices, you can’t avoid data loss disaster.
If you find that some of the files from your Seagate Backup Plus missing or deleted, then it is highly recommended to stop using the device. Because the files which you think is lost or deleted are actually still present on the hard disk, only the deleted space is marked as “available for reuse”. So with the help of a professional recovery software you can perform Seagate Backup Plus data recovery.
Reasons for data loss from Seagate Backup Plus:-
- Accidental removal: Deleting a file by using “Shift + Delete” key combination and later realizing the importance of the file
- Format: Formatting the Seagate Backup Plus portable storage device when connected to your Windows computer
- Malware attack: Deadly virus or malware attack to the portable hard drive leads to file system corruption and in turn result in data loss
- Wrong usage: Using the same Seagate portable device on different operating system like on both Mac and Windows
- Other Reasons: OS crash, reinstallation, hardware malfunction, software failure, power failure are some of the other reasons for data loss from Seagate Backup Plus
Yodot Hard Drive Recovery is a professional data recovery software, which you can use to retrieve files from your Seagate portable hard drive. The tool retrieves all kinds of files such as documents, video clips, picture files, music files, ZIP, RAR and many other file types. Find here to download the application
Features of the software: –
- The software supports recovery of data from high capacity hard disks
- Recovers data from all devices like internal hard disk, external hard disk, iPods, pen drives, memory cards and many more storage devices
- Retrieves data from NTFS, NTFS5, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT file systems
- Compatible to run on all the latest Windows OS like Windows XP, Vista, 7 etc
Recovery procedure using the software:-
Download Yodot Hard Drive Recovery and install it to a healthy computer->Connect your Seagate Backup Plus portable device and let it get detected->Launch the application and initialize the recovery procedure->Click on “Partition Recovery” option to recover your data from partitions or use “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery” option to retrieve files from your formatted hard drive->The tool scans and displays all the drives present on your computer-> Choose the drive from where data is to be recovered and click on “Next” button->The software scans again and displays all the deleted and lost files from the selected drive->Preview the files before saving them->Save your recovered files to your desired location like internal hard disk or on optical devices like CDs and DVDs